Transformation of Degrees
Transformation of degrees have many rules but I have discussed here 4 rules and by this, you will get the complete idea for changing degrees. This is all about Rule-1 of changing degrees.
Note-1 -Structure of changing degrees
|Rule-1||No other sentence-এর শুরুতে বসবে||Than any other এর মাঝে বসবে||The + superlative degree বসে|
|Rule-2||Very few sentence-এর শুরুতে বসবে||Than most other, sentence-এর মাঝে বসবে||One of the + superlative degree বসে|
|a) not more—–than
b) not less ———–than—–
c)—— not ——-than
|Rule-4||As soon as……., ……………||No sooner had……….than….||x|
Note-2: Subject & Object
Rule-1 এর structure অনুযায়ী positive degree থেকে comperative degree বা superlative degree-তে transformation করার জন্য subject কে object এবং object কে subject করতে হবে ।
Positive : No other fruit in our country is as sweet as Mango.
Comparative : Mango is sweeter than any other fruit in our country.
Superlative : Mango is the sweetest fruit in our country.
এখানে Mango, object হিসাবে ছিল আর fruit, subject হিসাবে ছিল যা transformation করার পর বিপরীত করতে হলো- subject কে object এবং object কে subject.
Positive : No other city is as big as Dhaka in Bangladesh.
Comparative : Dhaka is bigger than any other city in Bangladesh.
Superlative : Dhaka is the biggest city in Bangladesh.
Note-3: Subject & Object
কিন্তু Comperative কে Superlative বা Superlative কে Comperative করার সময় এ ধরনের কে subject কে object বা object কে subject করতে হবেনা । যেমন-
Comparative to superlative :
Comparative :Nadia is better than any girl in class IX.
Superlative :Nadia is the best girl in class IX.
Superlative to comparative :
Superlative :Fatema is the most honest girl in class IX.
Comparative :Fatema is more honest girl than any other girl in class IX.
Note-4: Structure/ Comparison of Adjectives
Now Your Turn: Do this following exercise according to direction:
First Step—Positive Degree to Comparative Degree/Superlative Degree
- No other problem in Bangladesh is as great as illiteracy
- No other problem in Bangladesh is as dangerous as poverty.
- No other problem is so dreadful as corruption.
Second Step—-Comparative Degree to Positive Degree/Superlative Degree
- Their sacrifice is greater than any other thing
- Arabian Nights is better than any other storybook.
Third Step—Superlative Degree to Positive Degree/Comparative Degree
- Poverty is the greatest problem in our country
- Books are the greatest friends.
- At present cricket is the most popular game in our country
- Truthfulness is the greatest of all virtues in a man.
- Corruption is the most dangerous weapon to destroy a society.
- Traffic Jam is the most serious problem in Dhaka city now.
- The rose is the best of all flowers.
Md Sayed Ali
Latest posts by Md Sayed Ali (see all)
- Most Common Mistakes in English Grammar -01 - May 4, 2020
- 12 Tense Structure and Examples - October 24, 2019
- Tense কি? Tense কত প্রকার ও কি কি? উদাহরণ সহ - October 12, 2019
- All About Tense - October 3, 2019
- Revised Marks Distribution for JSC/JDC Examination from 2018 - June 26, 2018