Narration rules of person changing
While we change narration from direct to indirect, we have to change the person (Subject/Person) and that’s why now we are going to discuss the narration rules of the person changing.
|Person||Direct speech:||Indirect speech:|
|Sadia said to Hasan , “I met you yesterday”||Sadia told Hassan that She(Sadia) had met him (Hassan) the previous day.|
|2nd person||I said to her, “You were an active girl”||I told her that she had been an active girl.|
|You said to me, “She was swimming in the pond”||You told me that she had been swimming in the pond.|
|editorial||The Prothom Alo said, “We published that report in environment pollution”.||The Prothom Alo said that it had published that report in environment pollution.|
|Without reporting verb||“I shall meet you tomorrow”.||The speaker said to the person spoken to that he would meet him the next day.|
Now Your Turn:
- The Daily Star said, “We published that report in environment pollution”.
- “I shall meet you tomorrow”.
- Sadia said to Hasan , “I met you yesterday”
- I said to her, “you were an active girl”
- She said to me, “She had been reading since deep night”
Md Sayed Ali
Latest posts by Md Sayed Ali (see all)
- English Learning Live Class Course Outlines - May 28, 2020
- English Learning Live Class for English Writing & Speaking - May 28, 2020
- Most Common Mistakes in English Grammar -01 - May 4, 2020
- 12 Tense Structure and Examples - October 24, 2019
- Tense কি? Tense কত প্রকার ও কি কি? উদাহরণ সহ - October 12, 2019