Rule-1: Rule of always and sometimes, many and much
Whenever you want to transform the sentences from affirmative to negative, we have to learn some rules. And here we discuss the rules of Rule of always and sometimes, many and much.
Note-1: Rule & Examples of always and sometimes
|Structure||a. always /ever
|Example||I always agreed with him.||I never disagreed with him.|
|Zarin has not ever seen this place.||Zarin has never seen this place.|
|Farhan sometimes comes late.||Farhan does not always late.|
Note-2: Rule & Examples of many and much
|not a few
not a little
|Example||I have a few friends.||I have not many friends.|
|We have a few books in our library.||We have not many books in our library.|
|I drink much tea.||I drink not a little tea.|
|We have much money||We have not a little money|
Now Your Turn
- I shall always remember your advice.
- Travelling is always pleasant.
- We should always speak the truth.
- He is the best boy in the class.
- The poor are sometimes happy (Negative)
- He sometimes smokes (Negative)
- Their contribution will never be forgotten (Affirmative)
- He is never late to attend his classes (Affirmative)
- They are always sincere to their duties (Negative)
- There are many books on the table (Negative)
- I have a little milk. (Negative)
- We have a little milk (Negative)
- Everybody has drunk much milk (Negative)
Md Sayed Ali
Latest posts by Md Sayed Ali (see all)
- Most Common Mistakes in English Grammar -01 - May 4, 2020
- 12 Tense Structure and Examples - October 24, 2019
- Tense কি? Tense কত প্রকার ও কি কি? উদাহরণ সহ - October 12, 2019
- All About Tense - October 3, 2019
- Revised Marks Distribution for JSC/JDC Examination from 2018 - June 26, 2018