Recruitment Test-Post : Sonali Bank Officer (MCQ Test)-on 30-03-2018
61. I don’t care———- your opinion.
A. for B.of C. about D.at
62. My best friend lives———-the Chittaranjan road.
A. in B. at C. by D.on
63. They do not have enough capital to set themselves——- ———– trade.
A. up, in B. on, in C. with, in D. in, with
64. Tisha has a knack for playing ———- piano.
A. a B. on C. the D. with
65. The idiom “hit pay dirt” is used to mean-
A. great attempts but insignificant achievement.
B. to make futile attempts.
C. to end up in failures after great labor.
D. to achieve something valuable after an arduous search.
66. The complex form of the sentence “The management of the bank thoroughly meticulous” should be-
A. The management of the bank is as meticulous as it could be.
B. The management of the bank is very meticulous.
C. The management of the bank is very much meticulous as it could be.
D. The management of the bank is very much meticulous.
67. In the sentence “They were asked to wait till the signal was given” the underlined part constitute-
A. an adjective clause B.a noun clause C. a pronoun clause D. an adverb clause.
68. The expression “penny wise pound foolish” indicates a situation where someone is-
A. very meticulous in discharging his duties.
B. thrifty with small amounts but profligate with large amounts.
C. very prudent in spending.
D. financially insolvent.
69. “Home Page” means
A. the most informative page of a web site.
B. the starting page of a web site.
C. the web page containing the official picture of the office.
D. web address of an office or an individual.
70. The word “trade-off” implies
A. deception B. fraudulence C. duplicity D. mutuality.
71. The word “float” is the antonym of
A. promote B. propose C. reject D. offer.
72. Which of the following is not an incorrect spelling?
A. conscionable B. consionable C. contionable D. conscionible.
73. The underlined word “after” in the sentence “The guests arrived after we had left for the market” is-
A. a preposition B. a conjunction C. an adverb D. an adjective.
74. Which of the following is a neutral gender?
A. Rooster B. Server C. Stallion D. Waiter.
75. The active form of the sentence “Promises should be kept” is
A. You should keep our promise.
B. We should keep the promise made.
C. One should keep one’s promises.
D. One should keep ones promises.
76. The indirect form of the sentence “We were told, the match had already started when she arrived” is
A. We were told the match had already started when she arrived.
B. We were told the match had already started when she had arrived.
C. We were told the match had already been started when she arrived.
D. We were told the match already started when she had arrived.
Choose the correct sentence: Questions(77-80):
A. Between you and I, I doubt that he will come.
B. Between you and I, I doubt that he would come.
C. Between you and me, I doubt that he will come.
D. Between you and me, I doubt that he would come.
A. I have never heard that kinds of excuse.
B. I have never heard these kinds of excuse.
C. I have never heard that sorts of an excuse. .
D. I have never heard that kinds of excuse.
A. It had been raining all day today.
B. It was raining all day today.
C. It rains all day today.
D. It has been raining all day today.
A. One and a half hour is a long time.
B. One and a half hours is a long time
C. One and a half hour are a long time.
D. One and half hour is a long time.